The National Skills Academy for Social Care Leadership Qualities Framework is a one-stop shop for developing yourself, strengthening and differentiating your organisation and providing better services.
The LQF is necessary because many people working in, or involved with, social care, know in theory (or from their own experience) that good leadership is fundamental to good quality, but find it difficult in practice to articulate what it means, either for themselves or their organisation.
- is grounded in everyday practice and behaviours and underpinned by personalisation and co-production
- describes, in a clear and accessible way, what good leadership looks like in different settings and situations
- illustrates the attitudes and behaviours needed for high quality leadership at every level of the sector
- is for everyone in social care – private or not-for-profit sector service providers, large and small organisations, residential and home care providers, local authorities, personal employers and anyone working in the sector, at any level
- goes beyond social care, mirroring the NHS Leadership Framework so that it can be applied in integrated services.