The National Quality Board, sponsored by Jane Cummings, Chief Nursing Officer in England, has published new guidance to support providers and commissioners to make the right decisions about nursing, midwifery and care staffing capacity and capability.
- outlines a set of expectations of providers and commissioners relating to staffing, and provides advice on how they can be met
- signposts readers to existing evidence-based tools and resources, and provides examples of good practice
- outlines individual responsibilities of different parts of the workforce in relating to staffing
- describes approaches to organisations reporting on staffing levels on a monthly basis
- explains what national organisations will do to underpin the expectations.